I'm trying to do some Halloween projects with her.
The first one was a skeleton out of cotton buds. I found this easy cutton bud skeleton craft idea on a fellow blogger mommy's site. (Q-tip is the equivalent of cotton buds in the US)
What you need:
- cotton buds
- black coloured or construction paper
- printed or drawn skull
(I was making it with her to show her how to and where to put the bones. Although she's got and almost perfect knowledge of bones of the skeleton. I'll write about our little skeleton craze in a later post)
Witch-craft (source: Toddler Approved!)
This craft idea combines Halloween, shapes and colours. While E. was in the nursery I cut up the shapes and when we arrived home the sticking could start. (I should have chosen some more colours - she wanted to add red eyes)
- orange rectangles for the hair
- black rectangles and big triangles for the hat
- small black triangles for the nose
- green circle for the head - could be any other colour
- pink small and bigger rectangles, semi-circles for eyes eyebrows, lips etc.
At first we identified the colours and the shapes
Then we put together the witch
Funny witch... not scary at all - stated E. happily.
I found it really cool with those eyes :)