Therefore a calm and peaceful (not at all frightening) family fun took place on the 31st.
E. and Daddy went to buy a pumpkin in the morning and after decorating our living room with some Halloween decor ...
Then came a little crafting. Mummy lanterns. (The original idea came from last year's Halloween party at our Helen Doron school).
At first I wanted to make only 2 mummies, but E. had something different on mind. She wanted a mummy family.
What you need:
- 4 baby food jars (2 little and 2 bigger)
- 4 (led) tea lights
- gauze rolls (cheap at the chemist's)
- 4 pairs of googly eyes
- cello tape
How to make them:
- Wash the label off the jars
- Fix the end of the gauze on the jar with a little cello tape
- Wrap the gauze around the jar (make one or two layers only or the tea light won't be seen through)
- Fix the gauze with cello tape when finished with the wrapping
- Glue the eyes on
- Add the tea lights
|Mummy family with pet spider 💀👻|
|E. dressed as a (pretty) ghost|
|Baby Pumpkin with her gourd|
Dark and scary room with some English activities was on again:
Plus a bit of colouring
This Halloween was much more quiet and relaxed as in the previous years. But to be honest, life's hard enough with two small kids, and without the hassle of a home party (preparation, decoration, snack making, throwing the party itself, then the cleaning up) it was pleasant and peaceful for me too.