Monday 26 January 2015

Pizza time

E. is quite excited every time she can spend some time in the kitchen with me. For me it's rather a challenge and I need to be extra relaxed,  plus in a good mood to shoulder all the mess and fuss around it.


Whenever I pull myself together and dare to enter the kitchen with a 2,5 year old hurricane to do some cooking or baking projects, it's always fun and the result is fantastic, though.

Cooking and baking together together with your child/children always gives you a great chance to learn and practice new things. Not only kitchen activities like whisking, stiring and pouring but also your second language.



This is what we did a few months ago when E. made her first pizza.




Today I wasn't prepared for the kitchen mess so I only entered into the spirit of painting.


While doing it we practiced a lot of food names:

salami
fish
tomato slices
corn
olives
pineapple
mushroom
pizza dough
salt (shake)



As well as colours and how to get certain colours by mixing two:

red + blue = purple
yellow + red = orange
red + green = brown

The kitchen stayed clutter- and mess-free and we were all happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...