What you need:
- clean water in a tub of any kind
- rubbish (banana skin, orange skin, crust of bread, tea bag, plastic packaging of any kind etc.)
- oil (optional - it makes cleaning up difficult)
- a bowl to put the rubbish in
What to do:
We talked about the clean water and name every piece of rubbish. We also mentioned natural waters (seas, oceans, rivers and lakes) and that animals live in there.
- Why Mommy? It will be dirty.
That was the point. I told her about the scarce drinking water on Earth and also about poor animals which try to survive in the dirty waters.
She also poured the oil in, which was a brave move from my part as everything got oily. The cleaning up lasted forever.
She tried to clean the oil and the small tea leaves too with a strainer but she didn't managed, of course.
We drew the conclusion: We need to take care of water and keep it clean because we can't drink it or animals can't live in it if it's dirty. And water is essential for life.