So my plan was to do at least ONE 4th July related activity out of the tons of great crafts and fun ideas I've collected on my pinterest board.
On Sunday morning (5th July) E. woke up with a sore throat. She felt all right in the morning so I thought the afternoon would be dedicated to a US flag craft out of popsicle sticks. After her nap time she was weak. I asked her if she felt like doing some crafts and she got excited.
Finally we (I) managed to finish the flag, but it wasn't much fun.
Afterwards, I put her to bed, gave her tea and read her some stories. She felt very poorly with high temperature by the end of the day.
Maybe next year we'll be luckier and do some more 4th July related activities.
|the final result|
Just for your information:
- What you need for the popsicle stick US flag:
- 6-8 popsicle sticks (we have wide ones so we used 6)
- red and white paint + paint brush + a little water
- a small piece of blue foam sheet (I used leftover foam)
- 10 white beads (each represents 10 states)
- How to make it:
|E. wanted some glitter glue on the red ones|
- paint 5 of the 6 popsicle sticks (3 red, 2 white) and let them dry
- cut our a rectangle shaped blue foam and stick the beads on
- when the coloured popsicle sticks have dried, turn them upside down in the right order (red, white, red, white, red) then put little glue on the edges and stick them together. I added some cello-tape on the back to make sure they'll stay together.
- After a few minutes turn them back and stick on the pole and the blue foam with the beads.
- Let it dry - FINISHED
May the 4th be with you ;)