I have just gone through it and I'm quite happy with it. Or I can say more than happy. I found the material nicely designed on quality paper. We got a big Helen Doron (HD) bag, which has 3 pockets:
|Baby's Best Start package|
- one for the CDs (4),
- one for the Sunny the Cat booklets (4)
- 4 bigger booklets with the lyrics of the songs, baby sign language, pictures of body parts, animals, flowers, birds etc.
|Sunny the Cat series|
I've read through the whole material and not only does it focus on the language (songs, rhymes, vocabulary, grammar patterns - of course not directly) but also on other fields of developing a baby (movement, senses - feeling, smelling, hearing, sight -, imagination). The baby sign language is more or less the same as the MAKATON signs, luckily. I was a little worried about confusing E. with other signs.
Few things I would change:
- the CDs should be in a proper case or two
- the paper of the Sunny booklets are quite strong, though they could be board books (I'm sure I won't give them into E.'s hands, she'd fold or tear the pages - I'm not planning to buy the whole material again for our next child)
- if we are given a bag it should be little more useful (bigger pockets, suitable for being carried by the mom, not only the child, which is actually impossible at this age anyway)