If you want to prepare this activity you just need:
- thicker orange felt (or card board - the felt gives another interesting feel of it)
- black construction paper or cardboard or more felt (for the shapes)
- green construction paper (for the leaves)
- brown cardboard (for the stem)
- hot glue gun (or other glue)
- Draw and cut out the pumpkins from the orange felt (I didn't use a template, just drew 3 similar pumpkin shapes on the felt - I used a dark orange marker - then I cut along the lines)
- Out of the brown cardboard (which was actually an old postal box) I cut out 3 stems.
- I couldn't find green construction paper at home so I used some scrap wrapping paper to cut out the leaves.
- I glued the stem and the leaf on the back side of the orange felt pumpkin
- I printed shapes for the eyes, nose and mouths for our Jack-o-lanterns. (Click on the link to find the printable) I copied the picture above in a word document and made it size A4. After having printed it (I can't print on construction paper) I attached it to black construction paper and cut them out (it takes a while but it's worth the trouble)
- I placed everything in a big envelope and presented to my sweetheart.
|Of course, she needed to wear her Jack-o-lantern costume|
We did this activity again... and again... and again...