I made this printable with 6 kinds of different emotions:
You can find this printable at the end of this blog post.
|matching the words|
I've also made word cards to it in the end, but the picture above shows these little pieces of felt (scrap) and the feelings written on them (with a permanent marker)
What you can do with these cards:
|matching the faces|
- Match the picture and the words
- Match the faces/emotions which are the same
- Play a memory game with 2 sets
- Place one set face down on the table. The players choose a card and don't show it to anyone, then make a face expressing that feeling. The other players need to find out what feeling it is.
- (With bigger kids) Place one set face down on the table. The first player picks up a card and says I feel this when... and need to finish the sentence
- Identify body parts on the face (eyes, eye brows, nose, mouth)
- Identify shapes on the faces (This mouth is an oval, The eyes are circles. Can you show me a crescent mouth? What shape is this nose?)
So here is the printable. I hope you'll find it useful: