Sunday 11 October 2015

Laminated leaves

I need to share another autumn fun. As soon as I saw it on pinterest I fell in love with it. Laminated leaves. I found the laminated leaves idea there; just click on the link to get to the original idea.


First, I pressed the leaves a little. They were not totally dry when I laminated them so they kept some of their flexibility during lamination. I didn't add magnets as it was suggested, maybe next year we'll do this activity again and display them on the fridge.


Then we did some of the activities the Teaching Mama recommended. (On that site you can find tons of great ideas to entertain and educate you kids of all ages. I can highly recommend to follow it.)



  1. Colour sorting


    We only had yellow brown and green leaves, unfortunately I couldn't find red or orange ones at that time. Later on I added some more to the collection. (there is on orangey leaf you can find totally separated on the left side)
  2. Arranging leaves by size



  3. Matching similar leaves



  4. Making leaf faces with googly eyes and pop-pom noses (I drew the mouths E. did the rest)



  5. Making leaf people (revising major body parts like arms, legs, upper body and feet)


    You can see here the nice new orange and red leaves we found in the park. The big middle figure is Daddy, because "He's soooo big".

  6. Using the laminated leaves as rubbing plates
I didn't manage to take photos of this activity, but you can use the laminated leaves under a sheet of paper and use a pencil or crayon to rub on the sheet. The veins and edges of leaves will come through really nicely. Or you can check it out on the link above where the idea comes from.



If you liked this activity you can find more autumn leaves projects (click on the picture):



Or you can check out my Autumn pinterest board for more ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...